Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Black Friday

Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Current mood: accomplished

I am -so- glad I had some purchases I wanted to place this morning on-line! Otherwise, I would have missed out on the on-line shopping black friday sales (lol).

Had an order to place on Oriental Trading.com. And I've mentioned ebates.com before-- well, for black friday, they're doing DOUBLE benefits! (woo-hoo!) So I pretty much finished up my Christmas shopping this morning (:

I absolutely refuse to go shopping in the real world on Black Friday. People are insane. And the crowds are enormous. And I'm going for a completely stress free experience this year (;

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the family (: Mark made the mashed potatoes and deep fried the turkey. I made deviled eggs, a simple salad, wild rice dressing, green bean casserole, candied yams (Having called my Mom and sister to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving, my Mom did yams with marshmallows. My sister blended their yams with cinammon and sugar, then covered it with marshmallows. Me, I just added molasses, brown sugar and honey to mine.), mixed vegetables, corn on the cob, and reheated a precooked sliced ham, glazing it with honey. From beginning prep to ready to eat, another 3 hour Family meal (: I don't know if I could do the whole 'start the day before' thing anymore.

We used Grandmother's good china, and she came to the table to eat with us. Mark's Dad also joined us. And I was -stuffed- (: Took a nap after putting all the food away, and started the dishes when I got back up (:

Hope anyone taking on the madness of Black Friday shopping fares well! Or you could always opt for shopping on line (;

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!