Tuesday, June 15, 2010

If he had a hammer....

Friday, January 23, 2009

If he had a hammer....
Current mood: amused
Category: Life
So the other day, we were messing with the fuse box and ended up turning the power off to Grandmother's room and the living room. My youngest son happened to watching television at the time, and came out to tell me that the television had run out of batteries and to ask if I could please come change them because it wasn't working.Then Grandmother called him into her room after the power was back on and asked him to fix her clock, which was no flashing. To which he said, with a touch of sadness, "I can't. I don't have a hammer."Speaking of my youngest son, he has two favorite nursery rhymes. The first is little miss muffet. When I tell him the story, I make a spider with my fingers and he loves imagining miss muffet running away. He also loves pretending his fingers are a spider and when I cry out in fright. Then he asks me if I'm going to run away from our house to live in one without spiders like little miss muffet.His other favorite is Humpty Dumpty. He loves the falling. He looked so sad when I asked him if he was one of the king's men come to put him back together again, as he told me, "I can't. I don't have a hammer. If I had a hammer I could fix him mommy."And when the power went off again while my father in law was working on the water heater yesterday, my youngest asked me to turn the television back on and I told him I couldn't because it wasn't working. He told me he could fix it.....If he just had a hammer (;

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!