Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mother’s Day Present

Sunday, May 11, 2008
Mother’s Day Present
Current mood: happy

So we did my big Mother's Day present yesterday (:

We went to Dothan for a double movie feature-- Iron Man and Speed Racer-- two great movies for sharing with the family. Don't worry, this isn't a spoiler (;

We went to Iron Man first...and although I really enjoyed it, and I think it's a great movie...if I was doing it again...I don't know as I would have brought my children to it. There are some subjects called up that I'm not prepared to answer questions on... and fortunately for me, my kids just let them go, though on the drive home, my oldest piped in with "it's because of all the killing, isn't it?" Yeah honey. Yeah it is.

Then we went to see Speed Racer. WOW. LOL. At first, I didn't know if I was going to be able to WATCH it-- I tend to get dizzy and sick with this kind of thing, but Becki explained it that because the CGI keeps the background in focus, well, it didn't happen! It was so EXCITING! Thrilling (: Wonderful!

As a matter of fact, my heart was beating so hard and so fast for the MOST of the movie, that I still have a hard time figuring out how my youngest could sleep through the movie with his ear pressed to that racing heart (LOL). He just finally succumbed to his nap (;

And they were -great- (Not just the movies! The boys (: ) My two boys were wonderful about spending 5 1/2 hours watching movies in the dark (: I'm so proud of them. And I had a wonderful time. We all did. It was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day present (:

Until this morning (; When my kiddo's climbed into bed with me to snuggle. Gave me hugs and kisses, my oldest gave me the present they made in school while wishing me a happy Mother's Day (a wonderful handprint!), and sang me a Mother's Day song (: Then my honey got up and bought us all breakfast and McDonald's.

Now I'm off to eat said breakfast (:
And Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!