Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My 2 year old Storyteller

Friday, February 8, 2009

Current mood: pleased

So today, at nap, I read to him "The Land of Colors". It's one of his favorite books. He loves flipping through, finding the things that are 'hidden' by being the same color, and the one thing to find that is -different- colored (: He's learning his colors. But that's not really the point of this story. (LOL)

The point is, at the -end- of the story, I asked him if he was going to sing me a song and he told me no. He was going to tell me story. (:

So he started out thus "One time, in the sky, the light was gone." (Now, admittedly, we had a conversation as he went along-- me asking questions and him answering. I'll leave out my additions, since this is HIS first made up story!) It was dark. It was scary. They were scared. They sent someone to find the light. It was lost. They had lots of adventures. They found the light. They put it back in the sky. It wasn't dark anymore. Everyone was happy. (:

Seriously. Yup. He made this story up all on his own!

Then he followed it up with ANOTHER made up story!

"One time, the ocean was turned off."
The fish were sad. The fish were scared. Oh no! Oh no! What will they do? So they called a plumber. (Okay, I admit it, I gave him the word plumber, but it was what he was asking for (: ) And the plumber turned the ocean on. Then the fish were happy. Yay! Everyone was happy. The ocean was back on.

My 2 year old is a great storyteller! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!