Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My five year old conspiracy theorist

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Current mood: cheerful

So this morning over breakfast, my oldest decides to use his imagination and the conversation goes as follows:


It starts out pretty 'wiley coyote' when he says "Oh Momma. You don't want to push this button here (he's indicating a pretend button on the table next to his cereal). If you do, it'll send you right into outerspace!"

To which my youngest adds the commentary "UP!"

So he continues "Right to the moon!"

While my youngest choirs in with "MOON!"

"With the Astronaughts!"

"MOON!"

After a couple minutes along these lines, my oldest says "Momma, are there aliens?"

To which I answer "Well, there's no proof of them, but the universe is such a big place, it's likely."

Then he got a real serious look on his face, and completely dead pan says "Momma, that's just what they want you to think."

LOL! It was all I could do not to burst out laughing. My kids are such a riot sometimes (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!