Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My soon to be three year old story teller

Tuesday, April 8, 2008


So my youngest has been running a fever off and on for the last two days. Last night, after taking a bit of tylenol, he was still up to 101.3. And his temperature hadn’t changed when he wanted to climb into bed with me at 4 this morning. But first, I took him to the kitchen to get a cup of ice water with a straw and to sit in the living room in the dark with him to drink it.

And that’s where the creativity of my boy came into play (:

As we’re sitting there, he asked me what we were doing. And I told him, "Trying to make your fever go away." To which he responded, "Fever, Go away! Fever, Go Away!"... LOL-- much like telling a misbehaving dog to go lie down (;

After about ten minutes, as I went to get the ear thermometer, he told me, "Momma, my fever went away. Out this ear (as he pointed to his left ear) and out of this ear (as he pointed to his right ear). Fever went away. Fever all gone a little bit." (;

He was right, too! LOL. And so I got him back to bed.

I love how he explains things. I love seeing his creativity and individual thoughts (: And I’m proud of him and glad that I get to be here for it (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!