Tuesday, June 15, 2010

oh what a day

Thursday, December 04, 2008

oh what a day
Current mood: exhausted

I should have known it was going to be a rough day when I couldn't sleep all night, tossing and turning, with my oldest son coughing in his room and Grandmother blasting her television lost to the concept that it was night time.

But I didn't. Ever the eternal optomist, I pushed forward.



Decided to keep my oldest home because his coughing screwed up any rest he was going to get last night and he'd been telling me yesterday about coughing all day at school-- to the point that his teacher even commented on it. In the grand scale of school weeks, Wednesday seems to be marginally less important, so I figured I'd keep him home, let him catch up on his rest and monitor this cough for myself....


I don't know where my children are-- but the fairies that left the two little hell spawn that look like my children can come pick them up in the night and bring mine back please!


My normally semi-behaved boys were arguing and fighting all day. Wouldn't listen. Making grand messes left and right that they'd take up to an hour to pick back up... At nap, my youngest was kicking my oldest in the butt-- so my oldest retaliated by kicking his little brother in the nuts.

kicked in the nuts Pictures, Images and Photos

They're both okay. But it's been a rough day. Power struggles. Lying. Deception. Bullying. Just being plain mean and spiteful. And he's only 6 for goodness sake!


And Grandmother had another bad day. More moving her around like a marionette. Besides some toiletry issues that required Mark's Dad to go to the laudermat to take care of. Seriously, in case I didn't mention it, it's been kind of a fight today.



Every time I was in the room, they were my normal kids. Every time I turned away or walked out, even for a minute, I'd come back to a room wide disaster and at least one of them crying.... Have you ever watched The Replacements? The episode today where they replaced their mother to give her a break-- she cleaned the house, closed her eyes for a count of 8, to open them and find it a disaster with everyone else in it-- yeah. Today has been that day.

HOUSEWORK Pictures, Images and Photos

But it hasn't been a completely wasted day. I got 3 loads of laundry done (not counting the load Dad took care of at the laundermat). Cleared the space in the living room for the tree. Set up my nativity. Got my oldest ready for his reading and spelling tests tomorrow. And found that we have 2-3 options around here for Christmas tree farms. Which is what we'll be doing on Sunday. Got the bills paid. Everyone is fed. Everyone is clean. And now, everyone except me is in bed. I will shortly be following suit, in the hope that I wake up to a better day, with my children returned to the wonderful little boys I know they can be.



Now, to go treat this headache with some Tylenol....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!