Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pumpkins, Pumpkins.... Sculpture!

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Current mood: pleased

Okay, so like I have every year for the past 7, I went looking on line for ideas for this years pumpkins. I came across this site

http://www.villafanestudios.com/pumpkins.htm

And thought I'd give it a try.

So, as you can see as by my profile picture, this is my first attempt at pumpkin sculpting! Not bad for a first attempt-- and I'm sure I chose a pumpkin that is too thin for this kind of thing, so I couldn't cut as deeply as the pro does, but looks a lot like my model (grin).

We're taking it to his school tomorrow for the Harvest Fair they're doing, along with a pumpkin he painted all by himself, to add to the decorations.

I also revamped my MySpace page for one of my favorite holidays (grin).

Decorated the house and this upcoming weekend, we'll be carving pumpkins for Halloween itself. Unforunately, this one just won't last that long. They've got about a 5 day shelf life. Only took about 4 hours to do... carving one takes about the same amount of time, but I can't stick a candle in this one (LOL). So unless I get thicker pumpkins, I suspect this will be my last attempt at 3-D pumpkin sculpting.

Made my boy happy to have his portrait done in gourd though, and that's the whole point!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!