Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Relay, Early, Leary

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Relay, Early, Leary

Current mood: amused

Or "I have an addiction".

I've always loved words and word games. Scrabble is one of my all time favorite board games. I love putting words right next to other words so it makes a series of two letter words as well. Even better if I can do it while pluralizing another word (;

But in the last couple of months, after I found Facebook, I quickly came across Facebook's game applications....

Now, let me say I've been patiently waiting for my boys to get older, learn how to read and learn how to spell, so we can play Scrabble. (lol)

But in the meantime-- I can now play with my friends on-line, and even complete strangers! Or play solo games if I just want to practice.

...and I do. Daily. Seriously. Pathwords. Scramble. Twirl. Love, love, LOVE them!

And I was on fire with words last night!!!

But I was quickly reminded, as I headed to bed, of one of the problems I have with really getting into the words games... My mind doesn't stop when I step away from the game. I start picking up random words in my mind and rearranging them, playing with them, thinking.... I even dreamed about words last night. As I drifted off to sleep, the word crossing my mind was Relay...which led to the title of this blog...

I wonder if there's a 12 step program for verbomania? Did you even know there's a word for an obsession with words? (lol) It probably goes hand in hand with being a bibliophile, after all, books are absolutely filled with words. (;

I've even come across other verbomanics confessions! I like this one best, from
http://www.theangryofficemanager.com/

"It's true: I am a full-blown Verbomaniac. Unfortunately, there is no medication for this addiction. The only thing that satisfies the mania is full on submersion: diving into a pool full of four and five syllable words, splashing nouns and verbs against me, as I blow bubbles of alliteration and palindromes."

...Works for me Doctor Angry Office Manager!

Pathwords!, Twirl!, Scramble! Here I come baby!!! (;

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!