Wednesday, June 16, 2010

SpongeBob finished potty training my son!

Friday, January 18, 2008

Current mood: pleased

Today is the day. It's finally here! My little boy is -completely- potty trained. He's 2 1/2. We've been working on -slowly- for the past 8 months. He wasn't interested. No matter what I did, I couldn't MAKE him interested.

But the drive to and from Missouri did WONDERS to getting us along in the process (: Every time we stopped, he'd go tinkle. But still pooped in his pull up.

I tried to switch him to under-roos when we got back to Alabama, but he was having none of it and even started wetting again. (sigh)

Well, earlier this week, he's starting going to the toilet to poop! So yesterday, while we were at Wal-Mart getting groceries, he wanted the SpongeBob Square Pants movie...and I told him that he could have it...IF he'd give up his pull ups.

And he said "Zha!"

So we bought the movie, we bought new under-roos, and got him changed into them when we got home. He did pretty good yesterday.

And when it was time for bed, I thought I'd put him in a pull up for the night, just in case. When I did, he ripped open the side, sat on the floor and said "No Momma." "No pullup." So I asked if he wanted big boy under-roos for the night and he say "Zha Momma. Under-roos pease!" So he wore unders ALL night!

And made it! He completely committed to giving up his pull ups (: And has done an EXCELLENT job today! I am SO PROUD of him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!