Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Spring Break 2009 (Monday) ((:

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Category: Life
So this week was my oldest's Spring Break, and I decided we were going to do more than just bum around the house for a week. We opted to play tourists in our own backyard!

Monday, the first thing we had to do was take my oldest up to Dothan for his 7 year check-up. Took a little blood from his finger to check cholesterol. Weighed, measure, checked hear and sight-- he's doing great in everything. And they gave him a booster shot for chicken pox.... Did I mention it was down pouring the entire way up and back to Dothan?

That sure put a damper on my -original- plans for Monday. Since we were going to be up there on Monday -anyway-, I had plans that ended up being post-poned until Tuesday. Instead, I took the boys to Chick-fil-A for breakfast and after we'd eaten, let them play in the playpark section of it for over an hour (: Then, as we were headed home in the rain, I realized that the Army Aviation Museum on Ft. Rucker is almost completely inside...so it wouldn't matter if it was raining, and we could do -that- instead.

So we headed over there, and the boys and I had a GREAT time. Looking at all the planes, reading the signs, pointing things out. When we headed upstairs, there was the board where 2 people can poke their faces through...and I suddenly remembered seeing "Yes Man" not 2 days previous and remembered that my cell-phone can take pictures (: So I did (and so did my boys (((: )


My 7 year old took the first picture (:


Then my 3 year old took the second (:


They loved getting to pretend to fly the helicopter (:


Some of the displays we saw (: We spent almost 2 hours touring around inside the museum-- and by the time we'd gotten there, the rains were pretty much over.

And last, but not least, my favoite picture of our trip:


The last thing we did before we left was use the penny squisher to make 3 pennies. One for each of us, with a different helicopter on each one (:

All in all, I think it was a GREAT way to start Spring Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!