Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Spring Break 2009 (Wednesday--Pioneer Museum) ((:

Monday, April 20, 2009

Category: Life
Wednesday, I decided we'd head up to Troy and explore the Pioneer Museum and Village. But this time, I invited our friend and neighbor Jeanie and her daughter, who is my oldest's friend.

We all loaded into the car at 9 to be in Troy by 10. When we arrived, we started with the Pioneer Museum building. It cost a grand total of $10 for both of the boys and I, and that allowed us to explore the entire museum and area, plus they would open the general store when we wanted to take a look.

There was SO much to see inside the museum! Even as we started the tour, the boys were dashing around "ooooooing!" and "aaahhhing!"



The hardest part was keeping them from touching everything. Because there was SO much you REALLY wanted to touch (lol) (;



The first room was filled with all sorts of every day things people used-- some of it, you could look at and would think, "Wow! I know EXACTLY what that is!"








Then they had a room with some of the native pre-historic finds.




And a large room filled with...well...(lol) technology, I suppose (;



Some of it, I looked at thought, "Hey! My SCA friends and I can appreciate (and possibly duplicate!) THAT!"





The kids absolutely LOVED the kitchen and 'house' set up inside the museum.



Some of it, I see in my day to day, or grew up around ((:





Here are a couple of my favorite pictures from inside the museum:





These are by no means all of the pictures I took while in there-- (lol) We walked around, in what is a grand total of roughly 10 rooms, for about 1 1/2 hours looking around and seeing SO many things!

The kids really enjoyed the civil war display and all the weapons (: And there was plenty of things on display that are pertinent to Alabama Pioneer history.

The last picture is in the room that is set up like downtown (: The kids are waiting for the train (;

They actually have all sorts of things going on throughout the year, so we will probably be going back. This past weekend, they had a civil war re-enactment.

All in all, I would highly recommend the Pioneer Museum to my friends and others as a place to check out for yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!