Thursday, June 24, 2010

There's more than stories and poems

Turns out I also had plenty of old art in those boxes from storage as well.

Came across my first self portrait. As a matter of fact, all of these images are from when I was 13.


(lol) Okay, having taken Mr. Percy's class, you can tell that I was emphasizing the parts that I notice. But otherwise, not bad for a 13 year old who wasn't taking art classes.

My mother has this absolutely beautiful plate that my Dad got for her when we were in Germany. It has this dragon on it...at about 1/2 this size.


This falls into my 'doodle' category (:

So my mother has the complete collection of these carousel horses. They're beautiful figurines that my dad got for her-- and again, slightly less than 1/2 this size.




And in my room, I had a favored unicorn figurine, that I haven't come across, but I suspect I never will-- I think it was broken long ago. So all that remains of it is this image, and my fancy filling the space around them.

1 comment:

  1. awww, doesn't every 13 yr old love unicorns? I did!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!