Current mood: thoughtful
I really liked that movie, but I've also always liked the story about filling the bucket ( as opposed to kicking it.)
As for the things I'd like to get done while in this life:
1. I always wanted to learn an instrument. (lol) I just never figured it was going to be percussion (; I really enjoy playing my doumbek and frame drum. I'm still mostly a beginner, but I practice regularly, and that sure helps (:
2. I want to go on my honeymoon. We put it off when we got married, and we're going to be celebrating -9- years this Halloween! For next year, I want to celebrate it. I'm thinking perhaps the Texas Renaissance Festival (if we do states side), or a visit to
3. There are lots of things in
The Circus Trees
Go to the Jareth Ball
4. I'd love to take a summer when the boys get older and just drive to all sorts of festivals and destinations across the
5. Find as many of my friends as I can. That's the number one reason I joined MySpace, Facebook and Livejournal.
6. Go to
7. Go to a weekend long bellydancing/ drumming seminar—get to see several of the top bellydancers perform LIVE and take classes from several of my idols (:
8. Learn how to hoop dance. And possible how to dance with poi (: I don't know if I'll ever have the courage to try doing it with either on fire (lol).
9. I always wanted to learn how to juggle, so I did (:
10. I'd like to go back to school and –finish- my degree. Probably go for business instead of art this time. I don't know more than 4 people who are actually working at what they went to school for. But I've go the basics for starting my own SCA merchanting business and I'd like to have the knowledge to do it properly. This turned out to be a bad year to try to start out (; But it's been educational and I don't mind putting it on the back burner for now until the economy starts picking up.
11. To go for a full week to Gulf Wars. And the same for Pennsic (: Until the kids get MUCH older, that will mean letting someone else watch them while Mark and I go. But I think we'd have a GREAT time! Especially once Mark gets his armor finished (: Me, I'd spend all day in classes while he was out on the field, and at night, we could go to the parties and just hang out with our friends!
12. To take the kids to Disney World, Nickelodeon, and/or Universal Studios.
13. See several sights around the world—revisit many of the castles I saw as a kid to enjoy as an adult (: Plus lots of places I –haven't- been. Like
14. See my biological family in
15. See my kids grow up and become the wonderful individuals they're on the path to being. Meet my grandbabies. Perhaps even great grandbabies (; (Obviously, those are WAY long term goals (lol))
16. And we try to have a little fun in every day. Let those we love know we love them. And try to do something fun for everyone at least once a month.
And I don't plan of waiting for the end of my life to get started on any of them (;
As my friend Cait said in her blog "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate bar in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'Woot, what a ride!'"
(Though I'll take an amaretto sunrise instead of a martini (lol)).