Saturday, July 3, 2010

Grandmother's 92nd Birthday

Yesterday afternoon, we headed over to Dad's house to celebrate Grandmother's 92nd birthday with her. It crossed my mind, as I was gathering up Birthday cards that had been sent for her that seven months ago, we didn't know if this day was going to come. She's doing a lot better now than she was then.



Mark and my youngest waiting for Grandmother in the living room.

My boys saying hello to Grandmother once she came to the living room.

She sure does love those boys (: And they love her too!

I took the boys to Wal-Mart and let them choose her present and her card. We got her an assortment of sugar free chocolate candies. Then we signed the card-- each of my boys signing his own name (: She got a kick out of that. She could hardly believe my 4 year old is getting so big!

Then it was time for the cake (: Mark told me I put the numbers on backwards (;

The 4 Wise guys as they get ready to bring Grandmother her birthday cake. We sang her, "Happy Birthday." and my youngest helped blow out the candles. Then everyone enjoyed some of the cake.

We visited for about an hour. The boys played monkey in the middle with the plush football and ran around being boys (:

Before it was time to give hugs, wish Grandmother one last, "Happy Birthday!" before we headed back home so that Mark could get ready for work.

Happy Birthday, Grandmother!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!