Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

aka Happy Halloween!

Yup. You read that correctly (: Mark and I were married eleven years ago on Halloween.

I've known him since I was 15. We met in Virginia. Then my family moved away to Alabama, then to Louisiana. And he would come visit me.

Well, the year was 1999, and we were thinking back on it and realized there were always two days each year we'd managed to spend together: Halloween and New Years... and it was 1999. And everyone was worried about Y2K-- and we didn't want to run the risk of having our family and friends in air planes on New Years 2000. So we decided to get married on Halloween.

We had a traditional church wedding-- and a costumed reception.

And until we had our first child, we'd never considered that being married on Halloween would mean not actually celebrating our anniversary ON our anniversary. Instead, you're taking the kids trick or treating.

Except this year-- the town of Ozark moved their trick or treating to Saturday, October 30th-- and we decided to have a Halloween Party to celebrate our anniversary this year (:

And I ordered the -best- Halloween Anniversary Cake from Teresa's Bakery :



They even got Mark and I's garb right!


And that was completely Charlotte's doing, because I'd said we'd be fine in jeans, but it was PERFECT because we invited our SCAdian friends to the Halloween Party so it was an Anachronistic Zombie Cake: Dressed for the middle ages, each holding a chain saw (:

And the family and I decided to continue the zombie hunter theme.

Mark and I were dressed from Zombie Land.

He was Tallahassee:


I was Wichita:


And our boys were also zombie hunters.


We all had a wonderful time (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!