Friday, December 17, 2010

American Lo Mein

Okay, so a friend of mine reminded me this morning that I have a blog (lol).

Last night for dinner, I made what I call "American Lo Mein", lo mein meaning, 'with noodles'. It's a good way to get my boys to eat it (; because it certainly isn't a pretty dish. When I served it, the boys kept asking me what the pieces were. "That's carrot, honey." "That's potato." "You like that, it's ground beef." In the end, they ate it all gone and I even had to tell each of them twice for bits that fell on the floor NOT to put it in their mouths, please.

So here's the recipe:

American Lo Mein

Ingredients: ground beef, 2 packages of ramen, can of vegetable beef soup, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder

Brown ground beef with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Don't make it small pieces, you want to leave the beef kind of chunky.... While it's cooking, take 2 packages of ramen, break them into 4 sections each and prepare them without their seasoning. When the beef is cooked, add the ramen and a can of vegetable beef soup to the beef with about half a can of water, bring to a boil and let the water cook out, and viola (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!