Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Day of the Spider

I may not have mentioned it lately, but my oldest child considers himself a bit of a prankster.  He likes to see if he can get me to scream.  It absolutely drives me nuts-- and makes him giggle with delight in his eyes.  Cheeky bum.

His latest prank was to place his large black spider ring



under the corner of my bookshelf.  Just enough that if you come over to it, you're going to notice it.

And I did.  And thought it was real.  Even as I type this, I'm getting itchy thinking about spiders.

Fortunately, before I freaked out, I noticed that it had a ring on the bottom side, so I picked it up and put it back in his room.  Scream averted.

Unfortunately, it set me up -perfectly- for the very real spider on my kitchen floor.


At first glance, I thought he was trying again and went to pick it up to put it back in his room... before it moved...

1 comment:

  1. I hate spiders! Love to take their pictures, from the safe side of the web, but I still hate them!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!