Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Yet another reason that my kids amaze me

Yesterday, while we waited for my oldest's last baseball game of the season, I'm sitting in the front seat reading my book and my youngest says, "Momma, you're doing that without even saying anything!"  And I said, "Well...yes, honey.  When you get more comfortable with reading, you don't have to do it out loud any more."

He climbed up into the front seat beside me and asked if I'd read it to him.  So I picked up from the last sentence, "It would seem you argue for us to help Darken Rahl."

And my 5 (almost 6) year old excitedly interrupted me saying, "You have a Legend of the Seeker Book!"


I confess, I blinked twice, dumbfounded.... How the hell did he know that?!?

Then, I had it-- they had watched episodes of Legend of the Seeker with me when I powered my way through the entire series on Netflix a couple of weeks ago.


And my very smart little boy -remembered-.  He recognized the name of Darken Rahl.

I probably shouldn't have been surprised, considering it's not the first time he's done something like this.  But it still makes me proud (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!