Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bulgogi

Although I've always called it Bagoki.  In any event, it's Korean Barbeque and a family favorite.  To be completely honest, I'm surprised I haven't posted this recipe before!

I still remember when my Mom was stationed in Korea.  I was 7.  I remember that she sent us letters ever week with a tape recording of her voice.  Now, I can't recall if it was reading the letter to us, or reading a story for us.  But my sister and I loved listening to it.

When she came back, she introduced us to Bagoki, and I've loved it ever since (:

Ingredients

Stir Fry beef  (You can just as easily buy a beef roast and cut it up yourself if they don't already have it done for you)

The marinade:

Soy sauce-- about a cup
Sesame oil-- a good sploosh
2 tbspoons of sugar
Fresh minced garlic to taste
Onion powder to taste
Garlic powder to taste
Pepper to taste
Sesame seeds
Water

Put the meat in a bowl with a lid, add all the marinade ingredients, mix with your hands, then add enough water to cover the meat.  Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours but up to over night.

Prepare rice to serve with the bulgogi.  To cook the meat, heat a frying pan under medium high heat, then add the meat and cook until the liquid is absorbed.  You can boil the rest of the marinade if you want additional sauce to serve with it.

The entire meal goes well with kimchee.

And enjoy (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!