Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Have I mentioned I hate all those "repost this if...." ?

by Janin Wise on Wednesday, 13 April 2011 at 06:45
 
When I was a kid my family got their first computer when I was 12, I loved my Mom's rotary dial Mickey Mouse phone that made noise when you picked up the receiver, my Mom had the most extensive collection of cassette tapes I'd ever seen and we listened to music when we did house chores on Saturday, we loved our new microwave because Ramen went from 10 minutes to 3, my Dad stayed up all night to beat my score on Nintendo Tetris & I beat his high score 1st thing in the morning--He wouldn't play with me after that. I had 2 feet, tunnel tag, 1-2-3-kick-up, snap the dragon, & had to come in when the street lights came on. I had chores & did them, or bargained with my sister to swap the ones I really hated. I talked back a few times to my parents when I became a teen & it earned me a well deserved slap once, & an equally well deserved name calling. I survived. Please DON'T repost--this is part of how -I- was raised ...& we weren't allowed to drink water out of a hose because it had a sticker that said not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!