Tuesday, July 5, 2011

It's not just the full moon

by Janin Wise on Wednesday, 16 February 2011 at 21:10
 
I'm left wondering when loss of self control and the apparent death of the internal voice that tells you NOT to do things became so prevalent.  ):

Tonight, I've read about the poisoning of the Auburn oaks by a rabid opposing fan, as well as a 16 year old boy who killed his mother with a hammer because she took away his gaming privileges.

But I've had this thought several times lately-- as I listen to dumb crook news where the woman bloodied her boyfriend with a frozen steak because there wasn't room in her freezer for her frozen drink.  As I watched the driver pull out in front of me 2 days ago, fish tailing and flipping the bird.  As I hollered at my oldest about escalating with his brother as they started a "I don't want to go to bed" argument.

I'm thinking conscience and patience are two things our world needs a lot more of.

I'm thinking this  event "A Day of Peace", is a really good idea.  And I think I'm going to start -now-.  And I'm going to bring my boys along with me.

Because although I don't anticipate a hammer 20 times to my head in the future... the current world we live in means it might well be a possibility...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!