Saturday, July 23, 2011

Winnie the Pooh

Yesterday, we went to see Winnie the Pooh at the Carmike in Dothan.  While there, we discovered that if you buy the $15 bucket of popcorn...you can bring it BACK!  At any time in the future for the rest of the year, and refill it for under $3!

I think Mark's Mom and I enjoyed it more than the kids.  But then again, I'm sure that we both grew up with Winnie the Pooh.

It had all the classics from my youth-- Winnie with his rumbly tummy after honey; a scared Piglet, the red balloon, the bees in the hive, all the beloved characters, and the interaction of Pooh with the narrator and the words of the story (:

My absolute favorite part was when Eeyore lost his tail and Tigger is helping him learn to be a Tigger.  It reminds of a story I read as a child when Tigger wants to meet his family and all the other characters dress up as Tiggers for him, then he goes home and realizes that his real family is the characters around him and it's wonderful to be a Tigger because he's the only one.

I decided in that moment that I need to figure out how to make myself a tiggerfied Eeyore (:

Spending a little of time searching last night, I came across an original McCall pattern from the 1960s for the characters.


I also came across an Eeyore description from the original tales:  He is a blue-gray donkey, about 3-years in age and stands 18 inches tall & 27 inches in length. He is originally like the other Pooh character; stuffed with sawdust. His appearance is highlighted by a small light pink bow on his tail.

And this series of videos with instructions on how to make a puppy that I believe will be easy to modify for Eeyore.

http://www.ehow.com/videos-on_5215_make-stuffed-animal.html


So I did some internet searching to help me pattern:

For the side of his body and the shape of his rump.
For the particular shape of his head and mouth.
And a good image for the placement of his tigger stripes (;

Now all I have to do is find the time to make him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!