Monday, August 15, 2011

Creole White Beans and Rice

A lot of my 'recipes' happen when I look in the fridge and see what leftovers I have sitting there.

Tonight's dinner began when I saw Mark's left over boston butt.  All by its lonesome.  Then I noticed the celery.  And thought...you know, Red Beans and Rice wouldn't suck... But I don't have any red beans...

Ingredients

Boston butt, diced
onion, diced
celery, also diced
vegetable oil
mince garlic
'cajun seasoning' -- ie.  garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika and parsley
cooked white rice
can of baked beans, rinsed (it's where I got the white beans from)
mustard

The first thing that I did was cook the rice in my steamer.  Then I added the vegetable oil in my wok and heated the boston butt and softened the onion and celery, adding the garlic and the seasoning.



When they were ready, I added the baked beans and mustard and heated it all up, then served it over the rice. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!