Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Troy University, First Day, Fall 2011

I hopped in my truck moments after my boys got on the bus and headed to school for the first time since my last day in Spring,   1. To make sure I got parking, 2. to get my parking permits, and 3. to see about fixing my schedule.

The first two were checked off within moments of arriving (:  As to the third...

See, about 3 weeks ago, I got an email for Troy telling me that I needed to request an official transcript or apply for graduation.  I'm not ready to graduate.  So I applied for the transcript.  And I have to admit, I've -extremely- thankful that I did!  It turns out that not only do I need to submit my AP English score for English 1101 and take English 1102-- I -also- have to take English 2206.  And there are 2 specific drama classes I'll need to take in the spring.  What this all boiled down to was that I was signed up for 2 classes I didn't need-- and needed to be signed up for 2 completely different classes that I desperately do!

I didn't realize the dire nature of my schedule issues until yesterday.  As this is my final full year, getting exactly the classes that I need, and no others, is vitally important.  I don't have time nor room to play around.

I was so worried about it, that last night, I had a nightmare.  I dreamed that I was working the cranks behind the duck hunt at a carnival-- and all the kids had been given buckshot riffles instead of the little pea shooters.  There were exploding stuffed animals -everywhere-.  I woke up in a panic at 3 and sarcastically thanked my subconscious for its interpretation of my feeling like I have no control over my schedule at Troy.

Thanks very, very much to the Theatre department secretary Jane, I am now back on track for this semester, and know what classes I'll be taking in the spring.

I have already happy danced four times about this today.  I'm thinking I might be due for another one.  Heck, the sheer relief from the stress alone is cause to celebrate (:

On an aside, I've set up this semester's schedule in accordance with Troy's current walkability.  Previously, I've given myself between 5 and 10 minutes to sprint the length of campus.  Having actually tried to walk around the construction that is currently encasing my University today, I have opted to give myself an hour between classes that are located on opposite sides of the construction-- as the current shortest paths actually require going -through- buildings you don't have any classes in....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!