Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Crock Pot Chili

I have to admit, I'm more than a little surprised that I haven't shared this recipe before.  My family cheers and I get covered in hugs and kisses when they discover I've made homemade crock pot chili.  To begin, I want to mention this is for a -large- crock pot.  It simply won't fit in a small one (;

I was certain I'd shared the recipe when I shared my Chili Con Carnies.

But apparently not.  So here it is (:

Ingredients:
2 lb ground beef
1 large onion
at least 2 tablespoons of fresh minced garlic
a sploosh of vegetable oil

Spices:
salt
pepper
onion powder
garlic powder
chili powder
paprika
parsley

Rest of the Ingredients:
2 large cans of pinto beans (sometimes, I do 1 can of pinto and 1 can of kidney)
2 cans of diced tomatoes with chilies
1 can of diced green chilies
2 cans of tomato paste

Put the vegetable oil in a frying pan, add the ground beef, dice the onion and add the garlic.  Then season heavily with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.  (This is the only time you're going to be adding spices, so think about spicing it for the entire crock pot full of chili.) Add 2-3 tablespoons of chili powder and a -light- sprinkling of paprika and parsley.  Fry on medium high heat until the ground beef is browned and the onions are clear.

Then pour the entire contents of the frying pan into the crock pot.  Add the diced tomatoes with chilies, the green chilies, the cans of tomato paste and the pinto beans.  Stir gently to blend evenly.  Then plug in the crock pot and cover.  Set for 8 hours on low.

When it's done cooking, enjoy (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!