Sunday, September 18, 2011

Habitat Diorama

My first grader was sent home with the assignment of making a habitat diorama.  We didn't have any shoe boxes, but we did have a box for chips.  I think it worked out well.

So my son and I gather in the dining room getting ready to make it and I ask, "So what habitat do you want to make?"

He tells me he wants to make the pole.  He wants to make a very cold habitat.  So we looked up Antarctica on line.

My little boy can tell you that it's the Antarctic Desert (they get as little rain as the Sahara!), but that they have a lot of animals living there:

He can tell you they have blue whales, orcas, penguins, seals, elephant seals, ice, snow, mountains, rocky beaches...

Shags, icebergs, Antarctic pearlwort 

and albatrosses.
He's very pleased with the end product and I think he's going to do well with presenting it tomorrow (:

Very proud of my little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!