Friday, September 23, 2011

Something in the Air

It was an ethereal experience driving through the fog this morning.  In the span of 30 minutes, and roughly 30 miles, it went first from white to stormy gray, then blue, then yellow, blue again, than back to white and finally gray as it faded away with the first warm kisses of the sun.

One of the most amazing things was the act of noticing the changing of the colors:  While looking ahead (as I was still driving) and seeing my rear view mirror as well and seeing very clearly that what was before and around me was definitely a different color than what was behind me.  But as I was driving, the shift into each was subtle enough that I could not pinpoint the exact moment that they changed.

How could one not feel a touch of magic in the wonder?


No, I did not attempt to take this picture while driving.  Photoshop and Google fog images helped me recreate the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!