Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Why Wile E Coyote and Sylvester are the Real Victims

When I was a little girl, I adored watching Looney Tunes.  I loved the theme song



I adored most of the characters, save two:  Tweetie and the Road Runner.  I actually almost loathed the two of them.

I identified more with Sylvester and Wile E.



(I'm fairly certain it's the scowling.)

And to my way of thinking, both Sylvester and Wile E. were doing as they had been intended to do-- they were hunters, hunting.

I didn't object to Tweetie and Road Runner trying to avoid being eaten, after all, they have a right to try to survive as well.

No, the reason I was up in arms is that every now and then, Sylvester or Wile E. would give up.  They would -attempt- to eat something else.

And those blasted birds would ruin it for them.



So, in my little mind, Tweetie and Road Runner not only prevented their antagonists from doing as they aught, but they were starving them to boot!

(On an aside, check out the amazing cartoon skeletons:  http://www.vincentchow.net/1928/how-cartoon-character-skeleton-looks-like)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!