Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day One Quick Painting

Our latest assignment is a series of three Quick paintings.  My first, from gesso to finished (being painted) took 2 hours and 15 minutes.  It's not completely finished until I put a hole in it and add a 3-d piece, but I'll do that tomorrow.


It's my 9 year old.

If you can't tell, currently, his favorite color is red.  You might also notice the 'blue' page background, that his left eye looks different and there's a daffodil on his cheek.  He was born in the year of the horse (and it's his favorite animal) and his birth month flower is the daffodil.  I printed out a photo sheet montage of horse images and daffodils.  His left eye is a close up on a horse's eye.  If you look closely, you'll see a horse under the paint over his lip.



I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out, and more importantly, my boy likes it (:

Now I've added the 3D element.  My boy is holding a locket that holds a picture of me, as I'm the parent he most resembles.



And this is the finished piece:







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!