Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Lunar New Year 2012!

Ever year since my oldest turned 3, we've celebrated Lunar New Year, complete with various meals and crafts.

This year, I made egg rolls and wantons for dinner, then the boys and I colored.  They also each made a dragon mask.

http://sitdownblog.seesaa.net/article/144521685.html?sss   and  http://www.kiboomu.com/2012/01/12/chinese-new-year-dragon-mask-coloring-page/

are where I got them all.  Simply save the image you want to your computer, then print out at full size on an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper.  Add lots of crayons and enjoy (:

My boys, getting all set up:



I love that they love doing crafts with me (:

My youngest working on his mask.

His mask all done (:

And his dragon.

My oldest, working on his dragon.

His finished mask.

And his finished dragon.

One of the things that I find most fascinating is that they both chose to make them in shades of blues--and I hadn't even told them it was a water dragon year (:  I also hadn't started coloring mine yet either.

I'd forgotten how much I love to color (:  It was one of my favorite activities, well up into my teens.

May we all have a prosperous and happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!