Monday, February 13, 2012

20 to 40 Minutes

One of the other things we do in life drawing, after a series of quick three minute drawings, is a couple of 20 to 40 minute drawings.  I shared the first one already.

Here are the rest, so far.

We've been trying to get comfortable with foreshortening.



You can probably tell this was the first week, second day.  I was NOT going to try doing a face at all!

For our second week:



And last week.  I'm trying to improve on hands and faces.

Below is the latest 20 minutes.


Fortunately, we were given the option of either continuing to work on it, or to choose a particular portion to work on in detail.  I went with option # 2.


I think it's a pretty good attempt.  Life drawing isn't -nearly- as scary as I thought it was going to be:  I'm getting faster!  And he gives us plenty of time (:

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your life drawings are amazing. I have found detailed hands very tough and yours here looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your life drawings are BEAUTIFUL! You should be very proud of these. I love the first one.
    The shadows are absolutely gorgeous. Great work! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!