Monday, February 13, 2012

It's a Cowl!

I finished my knitting practice last night!

I've previously mentioned that I wasn't quite sure what it was going to be.

I realized earlier this week that it was NOT going to be scarf-- I was quickly running out of yarn...and 1. I no longer had the paper to tell me what it was called or who made it and 2.  I'd bought this yarn almost 2 years ago.  So I wasn't anticipating getting anymore.

What to do?  What to do?!?

So I decided to turn it into a cowl.

But I'm still a very new knitter, and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to 1. seam the 2 edges together, and 2. join and continue them at the bottom where my head would come in.

So I crocheted.  Yeah, I'm still really new to that too, but that I can figure out easier.

So here's the final result:




It looks a little silly all by itself with me in an off white sweatshirt with a white background, but it keeps my ears warm and I wanted it to stand out and be easily viewable (;  I figure that mundanely, I'll wear it with my leather coat.  And can wear it as is for SCAdian events (:  Woohoo!  I made a two-fer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!