Friday, February 17, 2012

Run For Your Lives

I have a small confession to make:  I have a tendency towards zombie related things.

Enough, in fact, that I actually have a label for blog posts about zombies....and a pinboard for zombies...

So the other day, I posted the link for Run For Your Lives on facebook.


I am a woman fortunate (or cursed, depending on how you look at it (lol)) enough to have a husband who enjoys zombie themed things as much as I do.  The next race is in Atlanta...but only 2 weeks away.  And we're in no shape to do anything except very quickly be turned.  And =that's= no fun!  So my honey offered up a goal and a challenge:

To sign up for the Austin Race in December!

I woke up this morning with this on my mind.  I have 9 months to get ready.

As I was getting dressed, my youngest son woke up.  And I invited him to join me.

So this morning, my 6 year old came with me for my first run in almost 6 years, as I start trying to train for my first 5k ever.

1/4 of a mile.  I know, it's pretty sucky.  But it's a start.  And my boy held my hand the entire way and kept me going (:

...I always said that I'd only run if someone was chasing me... Looks like I'm going to get my chance (;

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!