Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Difference of One

I adore Netflix.  Currently, I'm on a Quantum Leap kick.  It was one of my favorite shows as a kid.  Right up there with Star Trek: Next Generation, Sliders, Night Rider and A-Team.

I'm into the beginning season two right now.  And something dawned on me this afternoon:  Quantum Leap works on the theory of Star Fish.  Really, all of those shows that I loved do.

So what's the theory of Star Fish?

Now I'm not sure where I heard it, but the story goes that a young girl was on the beach and lots of star fish were washing up on the shore.  She ran along, scooping up star fish and tossing them back into the sea.  An adult watching her said, "There are too many star fish to save them all.  What's the point?  Why does it matter?"  And the little girl answers, "Well....I'm sure it makes a difference... to each of the star fish I get to...."

From http://sparkpeople.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!