Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Eggs

I thought I had unused Easter egg dye drops in storage.  But they weren't there.  So I headed to Wal-Mart last night, on a search for egg dye-- and believe it or not, the day before Easter, they were completely out (surprised, right?)

Fortunately, a couple of weeks ago on Pinterest, I'd seen a picture of someone coloring on their eggs with markers.

I have -plenty- of those!

So for the first time ever, my boys and I colored our Easter Eggs with markers.  My only question now is, "Now why didn't we think of doing that before?!?"

My boys and I have a tradition of doing our eggs on Easter morning.  And by Easter afternoon, they're wonderful deviled eggs or waiting to be turned into egg salad.  I like that.  Usually, they do as well, but for the first time ever, they wanted to -keep- the eggs they decorated.

Here's my oldest working on one of his:


And his other eggs:





Here are my 6 year old's:




And here are mine:








We all had a good time making them and there was none of the worry of spilled vinegar (:  

From me and mine to you and yours, wishing you a "Happy Easter!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!