Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Locks of Love

For my first 2 1/2 years at Troy, I kept my hair trimmed to about shoulder level.  Every month, I cut, trimmed and shaped it.  It grows about an inch every month.

Last October, I'd had enough of the constant upkeep.  And decided I'd cut it and give it to Locks of Love.  But it has to be a minimum of 10 inches long.  To my shoulders, it wasn't.  So I decided to let it grow out, no trimming, until summer started.

For 7 months, I let it grow.

This actually came in handy this last semester for my business of art class and working Troy Fest.  Then I could model hair sticks (:

A week after that was over, I braided my hair and went in for a haircut.  She cut it to shoulder length (the top of the braid) before giving me my real hair cut.

Me with my new hair cut holding the braid.
7 months.  That's 7 months worth of hair.

By last Christmas, my hair was longer than it had been since I was 14.  And each day, it just got longer.

Wanted to make sure my braid reached required length:


Just over 11 inches, clean, all natural, and thick.  I hope it does some child good.


All ready for shipping.


Mailed it off this morning.

If you would to do the same to help create a wig for a child in need,

Here are the requirements:

Minimum of 10 inches long.
Clean and dry.
Cannot be bleached.
Must be bound-- either as a braid or pony tail.  No loose hair.

Then package it up and mail it to:

Locks of Love
234 Southern Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL  33405-2701

For more information about Locks of Love, visit their webpage at http://www.locksoflove.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!