Tuesday, July 24, 2012

(Mostly) Greek Chicken

This past weekend, I decided I wanted chicken thighs at some point this week.  So I started with my friend Kamala's recipe that she shared with me a couple of years ago, then tweaked it a little bit.

(Mostly) Greek Chicken

Ingredients

chicken thighs (though you can use any part of the chicken)
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tbsp minced garlic
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 bottle of beer
thyme
rosemary
oregano
paprika
garlic powder
onion powder
parsley

Directions

Put your chicken in a large enough container to hold them all in a single layer.  Cover with the minced garlic, olive oil and the lemon juice.  For all the spices, sprinkle over the top of all the chicken (if you need measurements, roughly 1-3 tbsp will season all of it, but I'm a fan of season to taste).  Pour in the bottle of beer.  Marinate for 8 hours or over night.  Turn them over once and spread them around to make sure they're thoroughly marinated.

To cook, use either the grill or the oven.  I used the oven on 350 on the broiler pan for 1 hour.

They turned out lovely, smelled delicious the entire time they cooked, and tasted great as well (:


In case you wondered, Kamala's original recipe for Greek Chicken uses 1/2 cup of oil, no beer and no parsley. (;

In either case, it's excellent served with couscous or rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!