Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tesselations

Today at Studio 116, we did tesselations.

I liked the pattern I did today so much that I continued working on it at home (:

But I decided to used my computer to give me greater variety of options.

Here are the three I came up with that I really like:



I think the golden piece looks like scarab beetles.

My husband thinks they look like monkey faces.

...I know.  Once it's pointed out, you're seeing the monkey faces as well, right? (;

I did start out the same way we did them at the studio-- doing it by hand:


But photoshop and illustrator are so much faster and easier for changing my mind on color-- and I don't have to store them anywhere when I'm done (;

It was fun to get to DO a bit of the art we've been showing the kids (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!