Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sufferin Succotash!

For some reason, Sylvester was on my mind when I was deciding what I wanted to make for dinner.  I always wondered what Succotash was.  Google and wikipedia were great with providing and answer.  So I improvised (:

Sufferin Succotash Soup!

Ingredients

1 bag of dried baby lima beans
1 can of sweet corn, drained
1 can of diced tomatoes and chilies, drained
2 small onions, diced
1/2 a package of diced ham
3 cubes of chicken bullion
salt
pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
paprika
1 can of cream of celery

Directions:

Rinse the baby lima beans then boil in 12 cups of water for 40 minutes.  Add another 6 cups of water and boil for another 20 minutes.  Sautee the onions and ham while adding the corn, tomatoes, bullion and spices to the lima beans.  Use a -lot- of spices and even more salt.  Boil for another 15 minutes.  Add the ham, onions and cream of celery.  Stir well, bring to a boil and simmer for another 15 minutes.  Then serve.  And enjoy!

This recipe endorsed by Sylvester!  (Okay, not really, but I'm sure he would.  (;  )

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!