Wednesday, January 2, 2013

30 in 30- Day 1

'Peacock' by Janin Wise. Acrylic on sheet music.
Prints and other merchandise available for purchase at http://society6.com/JaninWise/Peacock-A6W_Print

I decided to start 2013 by participating in the Artists Helping Artists '30 paintings in 30 days' challenge. Today is the first day!

I woke up this morning absolutely certain that for today, I wanted a peacock.  I've never done one before and part of the challenge is to experiment (:  The other part of the challenge that I really like is to have fun!  Now that is a challenge I can get behind!

I also wanted to experiment painting on different surfaces, so today's is sheet music.

It amused me to choose "Bye Bye Blackbird" for my very blue green peacock (:

Then I roughed in my design.

Mixed my acrylics and started painting.

I mixed 2 blues and green to make the peacock and a transparent red with copper for the branches and 'frame'.

The finished 'Peacock'.

I like the way this experiment turned out.  I think I'm going seeing what comes of the next 30 days (:


A variety of prints, cards, skins, phone covers, tshirts, and totes are now available for purchase from society 6.

1 comment:

  1. Great minds think alike.... right? Yours is beautiful. Very sophisticated and lovely. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with tomorrow. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!