Tuesday, January 22, 2013

30 in 30 Days, Day 20

Today, a friend of mine had asked if I'd consider doing a unicorn and I figured I'd give it a go.  I also wanted to experiment in using white on the dictionary page.  I discovered that I love the results-- but it is tedious!  Each portion of white is between 3 and 5 layers...of painting the exact same line or swirl over again.  So the finished piece took just as long as more detailed pieces but is -much- simpler.

I got to a point that I really liked it, but I didn't know if the white swirls would show up in the tail, so I decided to save it as two versions-- the white:

'If You Ever Did Believe'. 6.5" x 9.8" Acrylic on dictionary page.
Prints and other merchandise available for purchase at http://society6.com/JaninWise/If-You-Ever-Did-Believe_Print
And then came back over the white swirls with the copper:

'Copper Unicorn'. 6.5" x 9.8" Acrylic on dictionary page.
Prints and other merchandise available for purchase at http://society6.com/JaninWise/Copper-Unicorn_Print
Which version do you like better?  I still can't decide.

And here's the musical ear worm that inspired the title (one of my favorite songs, from one of my favorite movies, by one of my favorite singers) (:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!