Saturday, January 26, 2013

No One Expects the Kraken: 30 in 30 Days, Day 25

The other day, my friend Casey was lamenting that he'd called Sears Eye Care and was put on hold for seven minutes before being outright hung up on.  I tried to cheer him up letting him know that sometimes the system will automatically disconnect if someone doesn't return to the phone, and sometimes in as little as two minutes.  He said he's have preferred two minutes as seven was a long time to wait before being hung up on. I happened to be in a particularly quirky mood when I responded, "So on the one hand, I want to be all sympathetic and 'aww'...on the other, your response makes me want to laugh because I suddenly envision funny reasons =why= she couldn't get back to the phone.  The most hysterical involves donning a cape and fighting off unexpected kraken.  No on ever expects the kraken."

And =that= is how we get to today's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge (:

'No One Ever Expects the Kraken' 9" x 12" Acrylic on Sheet Music.
Prints and other merchandise available for purchase at http://society6.com/JaninWise/No-One-Ever-Expects-the-Kraken

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!