Friday, January 4, 2013

30 in 30 Days, Day 3 "Luna"

"Luna" by Janin Wise.  Acrylic on Sheet Music.
Prints and other merchandise available for purchase at http://society6.com/JaninWise/Luna-c6M_Print

Finished with the third day of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge (:

Today, I wanted to paint a luna moth.  I've always loved moths and the delicate appearance of this particular Lepidoptera.  I decided that I was going to experiment with under painting the background of my critter instead of leaving it with the white of the page.

Drawing in my moth.
Starting to outline.  I had to layer the yellows to build them up so they weren't completely transparent.
Under painting. 
Adding details.
Almost done!  Just have to erase the excess pencil lines.
I haven't really chose a theme, but I'm starting to see one develop anyway.  (In fact, I see -two- developing: 1.  Critters in all shapes and forms mixed with plants and 2. upcycling pages.)

I'm excited to see what ends up happening tomorrow (and the rest of the month)!

1 comment:

  1. Love the painting on music. I think I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!