Saturday, January 12, 2013

30 in 30 Days, Day Eleven

I woke up this morning with today's 30 in 30 days painting clearly in my head.

'Grandmother Dream Weaver'. 9" x 12" Acrylic on Sheet Music.
Prints and other merchandise available for purchase at http://society6.com/JaninWise/Grandmother-Dream-Weaver
I grew up with dream catchers.  I have three that hang from the ceiling in my bed room.  And each of my boys have one in theirs.  When they were little, I would tell them the story of how dream catchers would catch and hold their bad dreams and fade away with the first rays of the morning light.  I can count the combined number of times they've had nightmares on one hand.

This morning, before waking, I dreamed of dream catchers and a garden spider weaving it.  It was fascinating to watch it work.  And garden spiders are both beautiful and non-poisonous.

As anyone whose read my previous posts can attest, I have a bit of a thing about spiders.  I don't mind them a bit when they're outside...but it's a completely different story when they're inside...and they surprise me. *shudder*  It's the surprising me that's the hardest!

Maybe last night's dream was just my mind coming up with today's painting, or maybe it's my minds way of reminding me that spiders are actually pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!