I've been asked a couple of times now, "So what are you going to do when the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge ends?"
And I found my answer in One Billion Rising.
Thoughts and love have the power to bring about change. For 14 days, beginning February 1, 2013, I invite every artist who comes across this challenge to make one piece of art per day leading up to V day. It can be drawing, painting, photography, sculpture-- or any medium you wish-- to create a daily piece of beauty that celebrates femininity, women and dancing, as a way to increase awareness, empower women and girls to break the cycle of violence, demonstrate our global solidarity, and positively shift the world energy.
The One Billion Rising Daily Artist Challenge:
- Post a link to your blog below to officially say that you are in.
- I love the flexibility of Leslie Saeta's challenge, so I will extend it to you as well: "Understand there are no real rules for this challenge. If you miss a day, then paint two the next day. If you fall behind stay in the challenge! No one is counting how many paintings you have completed (except you), I promise! The only rule is that you must have fun and enjoy the process."
- Tap into your spirit and use your imagination to make a creative work of love that embraces the beauty of dance and femininity. It doesn't have to be complicated (and working small makes it easier to complete one each day). It only has to be sincere and respectful.
- Post what you make on your website. Link to One Billion Rising. Blog about it! Share it on facebook. Twitter. Let the world know that you are Rising!
- Then post your daily creation to my blog, (http://janinwise.blogspot.com/) including a link to your page featuring that day's creation. That way even more people can see your art work! I'll make sure to have the latest page up early and I'll leave signing up open for a couple of days.
- Invite your friends and fellow artists to accept this challenge, share a link to this post and copy the challenge description.
I'll be joining my local One Billion Rising event on the 14th in Dothan, Alabama.
Will you join me?