Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pay It Forward Project 4 2012

"2012?"  Yes, you read that correctly.  I didn't forget and enter the wrong year (;  I give myself until the last day of January of the following year to complete my Artist Pay it Forward Projects.

This is also my 30 in 30 days, Day 4 (:

Let me introduce "Mr. Fox".

6 1/2" x 10" Acrylic on Dictionary page.
Prints and other products available for purchase at http://society6.com/JaninWise/Mr-Fox-Yck_Print
Today's experiment was two fold.  1. By taking a real animal and trying to make it both recognizable as that particular cat, as well as make it my own.  and 2. By trying out my husbands paint box.  I've been using a piece of plexi-glass...but that leads to a LOT of wasted paint--I've never used a box that keeps the paint moist before.  In the future, I'll have to remember -not- to moisten it while using it (like I would on the plexi-glass)-- it makes the paint WAY too thin.

This is for my friend Megan.  And this is her cat (although you probably already guessed that).

She's also the biggest knitter, crocheter (and soon to be weaver!) that I know, so if it hasn't happened already, I'm certain at some point Mr. Fox will be rolling in balls of her yarns.

Mr. Fox, the adorable (albeit unknowing) model for today's painting.
Getting started.  I couldn't resist putting Mr. Fox on the dictionary page for fox...and fox hound.
Time to outline the kitty and give him some of him distinguishing features.
And more of his features and add my yarn.

And there he is!  "Mr. Fox", already to go to his person (:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!