Monday, January 7, 2013

Pay It Forward Project 5 2012

While I was working on "Roll Tide", I had an epiphany for one of my remaining Pay It Forward projects.

See, I have a friend (okay, I have a LOT of friends) who're die hard Saints fans.  So I decided that I would make Erica a special fleur de lis.

"Black and Gold"  6.5" x 9.8" Acrylic on dictionary page.
But I also wanted to continue my trend of experimenting, so I played with it in photoshop and came up with these:



All of the Fleur de Lis are available for purchase in a variety of products at http://society6.com/JaninWise
It has me feeling very ready for Mardi Gras (;

Drawing it out.
Outlining.
The finished piece.  Believe it or not but there are 6 layers of paint in the golden section of the fleur de lis-- I did 3 different designs in all golds that I didn't like before I decided that what it really needed was some black...and that some of the black out of the fleur needed some gold (:  It was a happy accident and I like the final result much better.
I hope she does too!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I wish I had a little more Photoshop know-how

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!