Sunday, January 6, 2013

Quoth the Raven "Ever More"

I'd be lying if I had said "Nevermore" as this isn't the first time ravens have shown up in my art work and I'm certain it won't be the last!

Today's 30 paintings in 30 days came at the suggestion/ request of my husband.  Everyone has an affinity to particular animals.  And his is with ravens.

'Quoth the Raven'.  8 5/8" x 12". Acrylic on sheet music.
Prints and other products available for purchase at http://society6.com/JaninWise/Quoth-the-Raven-TJV_Print

I find I'm partial to perched birds, but my husband prefers them flying, so today's experiment was in capturing the critter in motion.  What I discovered (which in hindsight is perfectly obvious) is that there is a lot more area to paint that way.
Filling in the basic background shapes and outlines.

And the finished piece.
If you haven't already, you really should head over to the 30 in 30 days challenge and see some of the other fantastic work that people are making.  I have greatly enjoyed seeing the vast diversity of what everyone is doing!

1 comment:

  1. I love your painting of the raven, a bird that came to my attention last week while my daughter and I were out searching for owls. They have such odd looking eyes, almost human like.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!