Sunday, February 3, 2013

Shakti, One Billion Rising: A Daily Artist Challenge Day 3

It was almost noon before I got yesterday's blog up, so I'm going to be doing my pieces a day before to make sure they're ready to be scheduled for midnight the day of so that it'll be here for the early risers to post to (:

Here's Day 3:
'Shakti'  9" x 12". Acrylic and Sepia Pen and Ink on Watercolor paper.
Prints and other merchandise available at http://society6.com/JaninWise/Shakti
Shakti is the divine feminine creative power and the Great Divine Mother in Hinduism.  This is not the first time that I've looked to India for inspiration when dealing with the need for equality for women, as evidenced by two of my previous pieces, Durga and Moksha Patamu.


I love the idea of shakti, as the divine feminine creative, inspiring each of my pieces for the One Billion Rising artist challenge.  To be honest, now that I think about it, I believe I'm looking for that concept as expressed throughout the world.

I hope that you are finding your own sources of daily inspiration as we get closer to V-Day!  Thank you so much for joining me on this journey.

If you're just now finding this blog, and you like the idea-- You can always start now!  The premise is this:


Thoughts and love have the power to bring about change.

For 14 days, beginning February 1, 2013, I invite every artist who comes across this challenge to make one piece of art per day leading up to V day. It can be drawing, painting, sculpture-- or any medium you wish-- to create a daily piece of beauty that celebrates femininity, women and dancing, as a way to increase awareness, empower women and girls to break the cycle of violence, demonstrate our global solidarity, and positively shift the world energy and bring awareness to One Billion Rising.


And on February 14th, together, we will Strike! Dance! Rise!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!